Ann F. Holmes is owner and President of Go To Marketing & Consulting, Inc., founded in 2002 to serve companies poised for growth. Ann has over 20 years experience in marketing, management and business planning in the telecommunications, advertising, banking and food service industries.
Recent engagements for Go To Marketing & Consulting include:
- constructing a marketing plan and providing critical account service activities for a boutique branding and website design firm
- building a business plan for entry into a new market segment for a technology firm
- development of website analytics systems for an SEO firm
- managing the setup, online marketing strategy and website development for a startup business, integrating SEO and Google Analytics best practices and reporting
- executing a website redesign for a master distributor in support of a name change and market expansion, incorporating SEO, Google Analytics best practices and providing ongoing marketing support
Ann began her career at Florida Federal, then one of the oldest and largest savings & loan institutions in the U.S. Her last position there was Assistant Vice President of Marketing. She was a Senior Account Executive for Benito Advertising, a full-service independent advertising agency, with clients in telecommunications, banking, retail, restaurant and grocery industries. Her clients included Verizon, Florida Federal, Burdines, NBC affiliate WFLA, Tampa Tribune, and Publix. In the same time frame, Ann and two partners conceived and established a restaurant/sports bar/blues nightclub in St. Petersburg, FL called the Ringside Cafe. The business is still in operation.
Ann’s most recent corporate employment was with Syniverse Technologies (formerly Verizon Telecommunications Services, Inc.), a global provider of wireless data services, network, call processing,and clearinghouse services to wireless telecommunications companies. She played key roles in marketing research, product management, marketing management and strategic/business planning and implementation. She was instrumental in establishing the company’s wireless data entry strategy and bringing it to fruition. Her customers included such companies as Verizon Wireless, AT&T Wireless, NTT Docomo (Japan), and T-Mobil (Germany).
Ann earned a BA degree in English Literature from the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill where she was a Johnston Scholar and member of the school’s College Quiz Bowl Team. She did her graduate work at University of Tampa, obtaining a MBA with a concentration in Marketing and Economics. She was named Outstanding MBA Graduate for her graduating class. She continued her education at the American Marketing Association School of Marketing Research at University of Notre Dame, as well as numerous advanced marketing and management training courses through Verizon Communications Corporation. She has received specialized training in the techniques of search engine optimization (SEO), Google Analytics and social media management.